Monday, June 9, 2008

Kwin-zee, Massachusetts

As I mentioned earlier, I've been enjoying Bill West's continued pronunciation guides through his series of posts Speak Like a Native New Englander.

Lesson six focused on how to pronounce the name of Quincy, Massachusetts. Since Quincy (kwin-zee) figures prominently on one branch of my family tree, I thought I'd suggest a visit over to Bill's post.

There are just under twenty towns with the name of Quincy in the United States today, but apparently there is only one Kwin-zee (as opposed to Kwin-see). For more info and a little history on the Massachusetts Quincy (Kwin-zee), see the City of Quincy webpage About Quincy, the official Quincy tourism website, or the Quincy Historical Society.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails